Friday, July 4, 2014

The Goblin Ball


Recently I attended an event called The Goblin Ball, a night of masks, mystery and fantastical roleplay. It was a last minute invitation for a friend's birthday - luckily I can't resist buying a pretty dress even if I have nothing to wear it to, so I have a few evening outfits stashed away at all times! I borrowed a mask off my little sister, and off we went for a magical adventure!


The story of the evening, presented as an interactive play of sorts, was that a ball was being held in the Fire Kingdom. The prodigal daughter of the Fire Gods, who had been raised in a kingdom of ice and previously attempted to murder her father, returned home to repent and be judged by the crowd. Guests were invited to participate in quests to determine her fate - reuinte the princess with her parents, or condemn her for her crimes. Or would you help other mysterious factions acheive their goals?

The night was full of stunning costumes, roving magicians, and a goblin market where you could shop for treasures.




Professional photographers were in attendance to capture the evening, hence the images in this post are a step up from my regular iPhone nonsense. There were a few candids of my partner and myself that turned out amazingly.


Of course I have to show you my whole outfit!







I  scored this vintage silver fur from the opshop the day before so it was meant to be - it's way too big on me but I love it.


There were a few kinks in the evening (like no food) but overall I had a great time at the event. I absolutely want to go again, but preferably with a little more preparation so I can dress up even more outlandishly! I hear the next one is going to be Voodoo themed - that gives me a whole year to get ready!

0 comments:

Post a Comment