Saturday, February 16, 2013

Rock Lobster (oooh aaah)


Long time no blog! Let me shower you with pictures of my favourite summer dress on a very summery day to make up for it!


Outfit Details

Dress: Dangerfield
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
Earrings: Ishka
Bracelet: Tiffany's


Although this dress is a little shorter than what I'd normally wear, I still really love it! I've also started doing Jillian Mitchell's 30 day shred and I think it might actually be having an effect on my muscles. I'm optimistic I can get shredded!

 

I'm actually really loving red eyeshadow at the moment. I don't think it is overkill to have red hair, red lipstick, red eyeshadow, red shoes and a red dress on all at once - do you?


 

More amazing Jeffrey Campbell shoes - shortly after these photos this pair (and my knee, but that's less important) were wrecked after tripping over an uneven driveway. I swear it was the driveway. I can walk in these and I refuse to give them up you can't make me you're not my dad.

 



I got my ears pierced at the ripe old age of 24! I've finally trained them to handle heavier earrings. Screw anybody who says girls with glasses can't wear statement earrings because it is "too busy"!

My amazing friend bought me this dress for Christmas. I went insane over it when I saw it in store, but lacked the funds at the time. I'm always happy when I wear it because there are so many things I love about lobsters.

They're tasty!


They remind me of Dali:


Speaking of Dali - If I could have this dress he designed with Schiaparelli I would die happy. However I cannot, so I'll have to be satisfied with my version! There's a great post on some of the symbolism of the lobster and what it signified when worn by the infamous American divorcee Wallis Simpson here.


This song! I have vague memories of doing some kind of ridiculous dance to it the night I wore this dress, actually...



And of course after watching that I've become trapped in a Youtube spiral of awesome music, so that's all for now! Play us off, B-52s!

6 comments:

Pam said...

I'm dying to make the Sch. dress! I keep collecting Lobster fabric hoping to come across just the right consistency!

Your dress looks fab on you! Great post!

Kate O said...

Horrockses also did a lobster-print skirt in the fifties, which was amazing. I love your dress so much! x

mary van note said...

Love the dress! I'm also a Schiap fan so obv I die over anything lobster related.

wardrobeexperience said...

fun dress and fun shoes!

Debi said...

I'm lovin the lobster dress! And the shoes.....me adore!

justicepirate.com said...

This is such a pretty and unique dress!! I love the shoes so so so much with it. Great!! I miss your posts!
+Victoria+

Post a Comment