Monday, March 19, 2012

A Lady and her Tramp

 

This is a very, very, belated post - these pictures were taken the week of Valentine's Day! The gent and I decided to make the most of the beautiful weather and see an open-air concert at the Myer Music Bowl.


I finished this skirt after a few months of procrastination (I made the mistake of finishing each seam with bias tape, which took FOREVER). The fabric is vintage - it was released in a kit for home sewers when the movie originally came out. The end project is a lovely, twirly circle skirt.


So swirly! Whoosh!


We of course had to stop by the pet store. These puppies looked like baby Tramps! So beardy!




In the end it was a lovely, peaceful day out - perfect for a low key celebration of loooove (tee hee). It's always nice to do things like this, to give us the energy to carry on with the mundane stuff (work and uni and housework, oh my). We are trying to take it in turns to plan a mega-date once a month. Hopefully this weekend we will make it to the zoo, if I am well again (bedridden with a cold at the moment - it is the only way I can fnd the time to blog!) What do you do to keep the spark in a relationship when 'real life' starts to take over, dear readers?

13 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

That skirt is so so amazing...
-Andi x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

GET OUT OF TOWN, THAT IS THE BEST SKIRT EVER!

Emma said...

Oh my gosh I'm so jealous been looking for one of those skirts for ages! Looks like you had a lovely valentines day! x

mary van note said...

That skirt is AMAZING

Lizzy said...

WOW!!! great skirt!

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

That last pic is so sweet!! I love this slkirt. I had no idea that it was a kit. I've seen similar ones online. I think there was a siamese cat one from lady and the tramp a while back. It is amazing!! x

Dial V for Vintage said...

That skirt is super adorable!! :) You both are such a cute couple, I am glad you are happy together. Dates are always good to spice things up, I personally love going to a restaurant (sushi!) from time to time for a little extra special time :).

Mabel said...

Aww what a cute couple! I love your skirt! Also, you look a bit like Anne Hathaway :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

crissy baker said...

due to your general awesomeness in the world of craft, i nominated you for the versatile blogger award! you don't have to do anything... or participate... but if you want to just check out my blog! also, if you already got one, oops and nevermind! xoxo!

Jojo said...

I am green with envy! That skirt is AMAZING!! You look fab! :) xoxo

Jessica Cangiano said...

That has to be, quite possibly, the most darling skirt of all time. Seriously. :)

Thank you sweetly for your lovely blog comment this weekend, dear girl, I'm so happy to know that you'll be using "vintage appropriate" now, too.

Wishing you a gorgeous, relaxing Sunday,
Jessica

Danielle de la Mont said...

You have managed to combine canines and Disney in one fashion piece. In short, you rule :)

Crazy Ravens Studio said...

Best skirt ever!

Post a Comment