Wednesday, January 25, 2012

So Mod Right Now

What a difference a haircut makes! I blogged about this dress in early 2011, but I wasn't really happy with how my hair worked with it at the time. With my newly cropped hair, I feel much more authentically mod (plus my skills with the graphic lined eye have improved!)




The original outfit versus today's - you can tell I've put on weight since then (sob) but I much prefer the styling I've done for the latter! You can also see how my collection of books/dvds/knick knacks has exploded over the course of a year!


It's not perfect but I love the look of the graphic, mod eye. I'm not sure if people are interested in a product breakdown, but here goes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
Illamasqua Pigment in Breathe
Illamasqua Pigment in Zeitegist
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Perversion
Maybelline False Lash Mascara



So what's been going on in my life lately? AKA what excuses do I have for not keeping a regular posting schedule...
I've been working full time! Getting up at 6:30 and returning home at 7:30 I've had no time to take proper photos... I only got this done because today is a public holiday!
I have to get my license before my learner's permit runs out! Bye bye weekends, hello endless hours spend in the car with parentals trying not to hit pedestrians...
I was accepted into my goal course - Honours in Psychology at Melbourne University! I'm so psyched (zing) to have made it this far. Just one more step on the road towards my dream career!


I spend all day in front of a computer at work so lately the net has been the last thing I want to do when I get home - additionally, I've been trying to use my free time constructively so I'm going to take up running, German and ukulele! I can play (haltingly) my first real song, so perhaps in the future I'll put up some youtube videos? Let me know in the comments if that is something you'd like to see!

Hope you enjoyed this brief check-in, and for those in the Antipodes I hope you're having a happy Australia Day!

12 comments:

Miss Amethyst said...

OOOOO!!! you look soo cute!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! i love it!!!! :D

Emma said...

I love your hair like that! It suits you soo well. I've been contemplating having mine cut short for ages and you've inspired me to take the leap! x

THE BIG MAMA INTROSPECTION said...

Wow !!!! I love your new haircut. Fantastic !!

Perdita said...

I like both looks to be honest- they both look great and the slightly flicky/fringed hair and glasses would still look 'in place' in a 60s photo. The new hair is super though, very neat!

Marie said...

You look absolutely gorgeous and your newer hair and makeup really offset that dress! You don't look like you've put any weight on though, you're just perfect!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I am feeling the mod thing right now too. I hate my thighs though, so that is kind of limiting.

You look perfectly teeny tiny gorgeous andyour makeup is fab!

Isis said...

You look great!

mary van note said...

your hair is so chic!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzy said...

wow! You look very good! different of the previous post and you look very good in it too, with this hair cut and the make up you look like a very 60's style!

Mabel said...

Put on weight??? You're nuts! You look so amazing. I love that haircut and your dress and your makeup lol.

I'd love to see some YouTube videos :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

Andi B. Goode said...

Your hair looks great! Definitely suits the dress better. And yay for uke! I'd love to see videos - more uke for everyone :D
-Andi x

harbourmaster said...

Um, BAM! Mod suits you so well!!

Post a Comment