Friday, December 2, 2011

Australian Readers - Pssst, have you heard?

Dita von Teese will be returning to Australia in March 2012 to launch a lingerie line for Target! She will walk the runway at the Loreal Fashion Festival on March 10, 2012, and the pieces themselves will be arriving instore in February, with new product lines to come in March and April. The line will be titled "Von Follies by Dita von Teese", and will come in a wide range of sizes (up to an E cup in bras and size 20 in briefs).

Prices will start at $17 and go up to $79 for fitted corsolettes. Word is that the collection will include proper garter belts, overwire bras, high waisted briefs, corsetry; and the colours will encompass black lace over nude, leopard print, and dreamy pale pink satins. It will be available for purchase both instore and online, which is a lifesaver for women like me who are right now reading about the delicious details and fretting they might not make the product launch!

Personally I'm kicking myself that I quit working at Target right before this collection was announced! I could have brought you a little insider info, or more selfishly, earmarked a few pieces for myself before they hit the floor. Any my staff discount is gone! Nooooooo! I'll see if my connections have any more information to offer closer to the release date, however. I have only been able to find the one sneak-peek of the collection so far - this gorgeous black and blue lace number:



I'm personally not the biggest fan of Dita, as I find her strip shows to be a little robotic and lacking in the sense of cheekiness and fun that I find really appealing in burlesque (I much prefer the va-va-voom displayed by british burlesque bombshell Immodesty Blaize, but that is neither here nor there). Despite this, I'm excited about the launch of an accessible range of lingerie that comes in styles that I prefer and find physically flattering. However having spoken to a few hardcore Dita fans who feel that selling the range in a store like Target rather than Myer or David Jones 'cheapens' the Dita brand, I'm really curious to find out what you think! Are you excited about cheapish, pretty undies? Or would you rather see couture techniques (at a fairly couture price point) like Dita's recent capsule clothing launch at David Jones?

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm really happy I'm not the only one who isn't a huge Dita fan. She's a sexy lady, but... like you said, robotic. Her face doesn't even move when she talks. As a burlesque dancer, I definitely appreciate cute, cheeky, sparkly fun.
Super cute underoos though, and at a price that's a bit easier to swallow than the high end reproduction companies. I wish we had Target in Canada!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I shall be taking the day off and lining up on the morning of the release of these babies, but I won't go on a crazy shopping spree unless they are really nice. I have been super disappointed in some of the Designers for Target stuff before, so I need to see it up close prior to purchase. I can'timagine she would put her name to something shitty, but celebs come designers constantly surprise me.

Post a Comment