Sunday, September 18, 2011

Melbourne Winter Masterpieces: Vienna Art and Design

Oh boy, it has been a while since I last blogged! That is mostly the fault of my clutzy self, as I dropped my camera and broke it good. However, I invested in a new one that is waterproof AND shockproof, so hopefully that won't happen again.

I spent a day out on the town recently eating too many sweets and checking out some exhibitions before they closed. First off, the boy and I went to a 'fill a bag with vintage for $20' sale - most of the offerings were pretty meh, but I did get a few cute things (all in need of repair) and he picked up a snazzy new suit jacket.


This is my new favourite eatery, La Belle Miette ("The Beautiful Crumb"). They sell all kinds of delicious and fatty macarons! Seriously, I have put on about 7kgs since I discovered this place. WORTH IT THOUGH.



OM NOM NOM


What did I get? You'll just have to wait and see!


Outfit Details

Cape: Target
Dress: Target ($8 - bargain!)
Eye blindingly orange tights: Ebay
Shoes: Asos



This sculpture was made entirely of tape! You could climb inside it (see the shadow in my second photo?)


My friend and I then spent the afternoon at the NGV checking out the Vienna Art and Design exhibition (which was absolutely lovely). I'm a huge fan of Gustav Klimt, I could have sat in there all day just taking it in!


I recently saw a burlesque act based on the 'waterwall' out the front of the gallery - it involved the dancer loudly musing on art before turning on a shower of water that turned her dress see-through! I loved having international guests pay such quirky homage to my city.


These lights were part of a temporary cafe set up inside the exhibition - just beautiful!


You may notice I have a new haircut and glasses! My hair is very very short now - perfect for the abnormally hot weather we have been having lately. I had it cut longer at the front so I could still curl it for a more traditional look. And all for free! - the perks of having a friend who is an apprentice hairdresser searching for more practice!


I had so many people compliment me on my tights today! I guess in a city famous for wearing all black it can be refreshing to see a pop of strong colour. I actually bought them for a cosplay, which I'll be sure to post pictures/video of soon - I won best group! So proud.

Thanks everyone who stuck it out in this picture heavy post, I hope to blog more soon!

4 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

Boy, those tights sure are colourful! You look great. =D And, oh, how I wish I could see that exhibition. Sigh.
-Andi x

1950's_atomic_ranch_house said...

Oh how adorable you look! I want those sweets! :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

how fun!!! I miss your entries like this!

Bonnie Friday said...

Gorgeous post, you have made miss Melbourne terribly!
Those glasses are adorable too!

xx

Post a Comment