Sunday, May 8, 2011

Disney Princesses Vintage Fashion

Just dropping by to share this gorgeous illustration with you - I'm not certain of the original artist; I found it while 'surfing the web', as they say! It is a redesign of the Disney Princesses, dressed in outfits adapted to suit the era in which their films were made.


I've always thought that you could see the influence of the period of the style of the characters in the film - there is no greater example than Ariel's 80s wedding dress monstrostity! Snow White's short curled hair, thin curved eyebrows and girlish face also seem very 30s inspired.
If you're a fan of Disney Princesses, stay tuned for the unveiling of my big project!

5 comments:

Debi said...

really neat illustrations! Can't wait to see the big project!!!!

esme and the lane way said...

I love these! I just love pattern illustrations. And big project? Intriguing..!

Vivian V. Dimples said...

Wonderful illustrations. I love sleeping beauty’s the most, what a babe! I can’t wait to see what you are cooking up.

1950's_atomic_ranch_house said...

Love Disneyland. I hope to take a day and visit there (Anaheim, CA). Never thought about the fashions, very clever!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Oh my word, this is so enchantingly delightful! Gorgeous find, thank you for sharing this with us, sweet dear! (Can't wait to see what the big project you have in the works is!)



Oodles of hugs & joyful Tuesday wishes,
♥ Jessica from Chronically Vintage

Post a Comment