Saturday, March 12, 2011

A lucky save

Just another reminder of how I need to 'domesticate' myself some more before I move out of home - I had no idea that linen shinks when you put it in the washing machine, and to my horror this dress came out looking like something you'd buy for a 3 year old... thankfully with a bit of effort I was able to stretch it out to something approximating its original dimensions. You wouldn't be able to tell now, would you?


I really am falling in love with 60s clothing. I think there may a mod inside me trying to break out! I don't have Twiggy's legs but A-line shifts are quite forgiving on my pear shape, and they're just so refreshingly easy and casual. I may just pop over to Illamasqua and invest in a good nude lipstick... watch this space!

9 comments:

Perdita said...

I adore 60s fashion- you're right too, a mini-dress can be more forgiving than at first look! I twin mine with bold coloured opaques if I'm having a bad leg day.

Em said...

I am glad you were able to save the dress--really cute.

Paige Turner said...

Super cute, I love it! I agree with Perdita, add cute tights, and this dress will last you right into autumn!

Cheers!
~Paige

Miss Amethyst said...

Ohh!!! I love it!!! It so twiggy!! I know same with me I just love 1960's clothing!!!

Miss Tami Lee said...

Yay, a fellow 1960s lover! I adore the 60s, it's such a neglected vintage style era. That dress looks great on you and I like your hair like that! :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

if people dressed their three year olds in cool clothes like that, it would be awesome. hehe. I agree that it looks so twiggy.

It is good to know the background of places and history of them.

I checked out other photos of that top model. In the one photo you linked me to I can sorta see a resemblance but otherwise I don't see it. I'll have to see what she looks like when she talks and stuff but thanks so much for telling me of another doppleganger. It's fun.

ALWAYS CHASING said...

I didnt know it shrunk either! Lucky I know now!

I am having a giveaway on my blog for a westfield voucher to spend on hats & headwear, they have some vintage inspired items I think you'd like :)

Jazzy E (hivennn) said...

so adorable! x hivennn

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Lovely dress :)

Post a Comment