Thursday, March 3, 2011

Belated Valentine's Day

Since Valentine's Day occured two days before my chemistry exam, the boy and I decided we would put off celebrating it until I had more free time. He did stop by on the day bearing energy drinks and a rose, which was the perfect gift for studious little me! (I passed with a distinction, by the way!)

We finally got around to going on a proper date last weekend - a picnic in the park, followed by checking out a Disney exhibition at the ACMI, and then hitting the town. The dress I'm wearing was his gift to me - isn't it lovely? I seriously am a sucker for any dress with a sash or cape on the back, I find them impossibly chic.


Oh, you might have noticed - I caved and got my hair cut short again! I like it much more this time than the last. It's a better length and can be styled appropriately for a variety of eras.


The ducks at the park were so friendly, with a bit of coaxing I had them eating crusts out of my hand! One of them thought he was too good for crusts and was eying off my sandwich before the boy alerted me in the nick of time.


We capped off the date in a suitably Mad-Men fashion with cigars and too many cocktails at our favourite bar, Madame Brussels. I don't smoke cigarettes but I will try from time to time the more unusual varieties, like apple flavoured tobacco in a shisha or a vanilla cigar.


I'm only two days back into uni and already the workload is building - so I'm going to draw the giveaway tomorrow or I'll never get it done. So sorry again for the delay and the radio silence - I hope you enjoyed seeing this little catch up! I do have a few more posts planned, and some great products I'd like to alert you to. Until next time~

13 comments:

THE BIG MAMA INTROSPECTION said...

WOW so chic Madame !!!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

well don't you look like a dream in that dress.

Miss Tami Lee said...

I love the dress, the hair & the picture of you holding a cigar!

Rachel said...

I love your short hair - it really suits you. And what a lovely man to buy you such a gorgeous dress!

Jenn said...

What a gorgeous dress! And your hair looks cute!

Sounds like you had a lovely Valentine's!

Hep~Kitten said...

what a swanky dress and your hair looks divine!!
For The Vintage Fashionista

wardrobeexperience said...

amazing dress. so lovely!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Ginger said...

The dress and hair alone are amazing but the photo of you and the cigar just send it all over the top, love it!

esme and the lane way said...

Haha great cigar! Lovely dress too :) Good luck with that workload! :D

Dial V for Vintage said...

Oh what a beautiful dress, you look lovely! :)

CurlyChronicles said...

you look great! I found your blog a while ago and then forgot the name and hoped I would stumble upon it again lol :)

I don't smoke cigarettes either but I do enjoy shisha, especially strawberry! It's not harsh like cigarettes are and it tastes/smells great!

Coco Sullivan said...

dang gurl, you so pretty pretty!

COH PARTA said...

perfect pictures

Post a Comment