Saturday, November 20, 2010

New Shoes - Your Opinions Please!

Ladies, I want to ask your opinion on these new shoes I bought - a pair of comfy white wedges from Rivers. The issue with them is the high vamp - I think it makes them look awfully similar to some of the lovely 1930s styles I've seen on The Vintage Baroness' blog, but my mother thinks they'll make my legs look stumpy...


So I'm asking, ladies - what do you think of these shoes? Vintage-y pretty, or return them pronto? (I kept the receipt just in case.) And if you do like them, what would you wear them with? I'm thinking my Heyday! trousers once I finish altering them, but I'd love to hear your suggestions!

7 comments:

harbourmaster said...

Cute for with trousers, but I can't see them with skirts/dresses at all (unless you were going for a lawnbowls look)

Rachel said...

I think they'd look great with a short pleated skirt - like 30's or 40's sportswear - really show off your pins.

And I don't think your legs could ever look stumpy - you look like you have wonderfully slim legs!!

Lady Be Good said...

I agree they'd look great with some Hepburn-esque trousers, but I can also see them with a slim a-line skirt hitting just below the knee. Skirt length is key to avoid stumpiness. I'd be afraid to wear them myself cause I have cankles, but from what I can tell from your photos, you have nice ankles so I think you could pull them off.

Solenn said...

Very cute ! I also tink they'll perfectly fit with 30's trousers, but you'll have to try them with dresses as well and show us the pretty results !!!
;-)

Emma said...

Just a quick note to let you know that I love your blog so I have given you an award. You can pick it up here:
http://emmaaime.blogspot.com/2010/11/award.html

Thanks
Emma @ Emma aime

Roobeedoo said...

Well if you wear them with trousers they can't possibly make your legs look stumpy! I think they look very vintagey - my mum wore those woven-type shoes right through to the 1960's.

sred-kitty said...

Oh my gosh! I loveloveLOVE them! They look like a comfortable alternative to high heels (something I'm always interested in). Personally? I think they'slok good with a skirt or dress in white or any of colours present in the shoe.

Post a Comment