Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Daily Outfit: Freedom!

Today was my last day of exams. I'm hoping I did well, but I don't want to get ahead of myself as I know I didn't perform the best that I could on several assignments. Oh well! What's done is done, and to celebrate my newfound freedom the boy and I got lunch and went to see 'The Town' (which, by the way, was pretty great). I also did a bit of Christmas shopping - it's alarming how fast that is creeping up on us!


I decided to keep those shoes from my last post - I think they go quite nicely with this new (well, new to me) dress. I got it off Etsy during one of my exam-stress induced shopping binges


(Whoops - I just realized from looking at these photos that I forgot to put mascara on. I hate when I do that!)


You'll have to forgive my poker-straight hair; I was in a rush in the morning (as evidenced by my mascara fail!) and couldn't find a hair tie. I should probably get around to making an appointment to have my hair cut... it's embarrassing to admit but I haven't been for 12 months! I don't get many split ends because I don't use any heat treatments on my hair or brush it a lot (I find my natural curls just become a frizzy mess if I brush it between washes). This time last year my hair was this long:


That's a good few inches of growth! I don't think I want to get it cut that short again, it was too much work having to pincurl it every night. I want the option of a lazy ponytail or last minute up-do for my super early lectures. I suppose I will have to go scouring the web for inspiration - suggestions from you lovely readers are always welcome!

That's all for now - it's really good to be back!

9 comments:

Ginger said...

My gosh, you are gorgeous, such a beautiful complexion!
Wonderful dress, I love the simple neckline and the color!

Retro Chick said...

That's a gorgeous dress, and it does go perfectly with the shoes!

Miss Magpie said...

Lovely dress, the colour really suits you as does the hair. I vote for keeping it long!

Ruby Redwitz said...

Good thing you kept the shoes, that look great with the dress!
You're so lucky, I'm starting exams next week and I can't wait for it to be over.

Rachel said...

The shoes go perfectly with that dress (and there is not a stumpy leg in sight :-). Like Ginger, I am totally jealous of your lovely red hair and porcelain skin -- my skin is an accurate artefact that I have lived most of life in Queensland thus far,

harbourmaster said...

I can't believe how quickly your hair has grown! I cropped mine this time last year too but it still feels short. You have the most gorgeous smile, ps!

Theda Fontaine said...

Hi, I saw you out and about in this outfit the other day and you looked beautiful.

I wanted to come and say hello but I didn't want to bother you.

I love reading your blog xo

Bombshell Bettie said...

i'm really digging those shoes! I thought they were a great pick. can't believe they're modern! that is a lot of hair growth in one year! you look adorable!

Paigey The Vintage Dame said...

I just wanted to say that I recently found your blog and I love it! So I have nominated you for the "Stylish Blogger Award"!(:

Post a Comment