Thursday, September 9, 2010

Daylesford Spa Weekend: Part 3 (The finds)

The car troubles I mentioned in my last post got resolved when my friend Simon (in the leather jacket) gave the bonnet a whack, Fonz style.


Eyyy!

As it turned out, Daylesford had the most amazing thrift stores and markets - I only wish I had brought more money with me! I missed out on the most amazing set of harlequin Nallyware (in absolutely pristine condition, for about a quarter of what I'd pay on ebay) because I saw it at the end of the day and I was completely out of money! Boo :( However, I did get a lot of great things (I keep saying that but I'm not quite consoled over the Nallyware loss yet...) and for very reasonable prices - I'm tempted to go back again just to shop, hahaha!


First up, a set of Japanese stacking lacquer boxes - these are currently sitting on my vanity storing bobby pins and other bits and pieces.


A lipstick holder - perfect for the Tiffany blue bedroom I dream of!


Bakelite salt and pepper shakers - in need of a good clean, but otherwise very cute! They are more red than they appear here.


These very lovely fur lined leather gloves - they fit me like, well, a glove! I have short fingers so it is nice to find a pair that fit like they should - any they are soooooooooo warm and comfortable, I never want to take them off!


A vintage compact - it's in okay shape, though its original price tag left a sort of discolored spot, and some gunk from storage has ended up inside and beneath the pan. I'm thinking of cleaning it up, then repressing my MAC powder into it.


Vintage suitcase - this is currently storing my hats, but it is in such great shape that I feel I really should at least take it away for one weekender...

I also got given some Carlton Ware jam dishes for free (one of the stall owners decided he didn't want to clean up at the end of the day, so gave everything away...). Both have minor chips around the edges, and one has some pretty bad crazing, but I'm going to do what I can to repair the broken parts and see if I can find a use for them. They are in boxes at the other house, so sadly no photos for now.

Don't forget my ebay auctions are ending in one day! Sponsor my new pair of Heyday trousers :P

3 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

Wow. Those really are great finds!! I love the suitcase.
-Andi x

Desiree said...

You really made out! I'm in love with the lacquered boxes. And those gloves! I bet you can't wait for it to snow.

vintage_belle said...

Wow that lipstick holder is beautiful! What a great find!

http://netpetticoat.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment