Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Daylesford Spa Weekend: Part 1

This entry is going to be a little heavy on the pictures so I think I'll break it up into sections - I hope you don't mind! Last weekend I took a mini-break with some close friends (we all kinda needed one) - our destination of choice? The spa/mineral springs capital of Australia! Of course, a 100% relaxing weekend was not to be as we are all terribly unorganized and forgot to pack warm clothes (seriously, it is freezing there! We were warming up our crackers and cheese on a bbq in a park), however, a local op-shop came to our rescue with its "everything is $2" sale! I assure you, under about 3 chunky grandma cardigans there is a carefully planned vintage outfit, you just cannot see it :(

First stop on Friday was the Hepburn springs mineral spa - an utterly gorgeous place surrounded by peaceful bushland. It had huge pane windows everywhere so you got to enjoy the beautiful scenery while relaxing in bliss! My favourite part would have to be the spa couches: a headrest, footrest and armrests to keep you in place, while your entire body is supported by spa jets. Sheer heaven! We canceled our plans for the afternoon so we could stay there for hours! (Which in retrospect may have been a mistake, as immediately afterwards my lips flared up and my rash came back - probably due to the heat inside.)


My What Katie Did swimsuit arrived with bent boning and is in need of repairs, but luckily I managed to order in this one on time from For Luna. Their shipping is so fast! It's really beautiful, I've never felt so comfortable and confident in swimwear.


Our gorgeous view (and heavenly spa couches)!


Chillin' on the relaxation deck to dry off.

The Bed and Breakfast we were staying at was built in 1910, and had a ton of gorgeous antique furniture and fittings. It was right beside the lake as well, so we had absolutely amazing views (except in the morning, when the fog was like something out of a horror movie)!



Dun dun dun....

Saturday morning we went to visit a place with a hedge maze and mini golf course. It was, again, freezing, so we were the only people there (which was actually pretty great - we could run around and act like kids without anybody watching!)


In the process of getting infinity over par on the course...


Oooh, you know this next part is gonna be good... :D See you next time!

6 comments:

Justice Pirate said...

yey for the great bathing suit!

Stefanie Valentine said...

I have never been to a spa but have always wanted to, the place you went to sounds like heaven!

THE BIG MAMA INTROSPECTION said...

ARghh mini golf my torture !! i could turn crazy ha ha ha

BTW, i'm impatient to see the 2nd part ! ;)

Ruby Redwitz said...

I went to Daylesford recently and I'm longing to go again. They had the best trash and treasure shops. I haven't been to the spa though and would love to, it looks beautiful!

Miss Emmi said...

Stefanie: This place was particularly great - it was cheaper because you weren't paying for any massages or treatments, and you had an unlimited amount of time inside once you bought a pass! Other places were offering similar paths at the average rate of $75 an hour - and I got at least 3 here for $55!

Ruby: They really did! I wish I had brought more money, I had no idea how good the shopping would be! I sadly missed out on the most amazing, bargain set of Gayware because of that *tries hard not to ruminate on it* but I do have a post planned showing off my other finds!

Glamour Daze said...

Swimsuit is gorgeous on you. Bad luck about the rash ! Have you tried Dead Sea Salt ? It is an old old cure for Dermatitis!

Post a Comment