Friday, August 13, 2010

Lovely Lovely Leopard

Funny (in retrospect) story about this coat - I was on ebay after a long day at work (where we do not use decimal points when processing sales), I made what I thought was a max bid of $25.00 - guess what I actually entered in there! Eeep! To my horror the price kept rising and rising above what I wanted to pay, and because I hate confrontation I just took the bullet and paid for it. In the end though, I'm glad I won because I do love the thing!


I struggle to match clothes with this kind of print, because it is already so darn loud! I think maybe a dark red or teal top with a black skirt would be lovely, but I need to resist the urge to shop! My camera and I are having a fight (no amount of fresh batteries is enough to feed his insatiable hunger) so I think I need to buy a new one - it's an expense I don't really want right now, but blogging has become such a rewarding part of my life that I don't just want to stop! I borrowed my sister's for this post, but I hate to hassle her for use of it constantly so I'd really like my own again.



Is it obvious that I cannot work out how to use the self timer? Mirror and Myspace shots may have to suffice for now...

There is something so divisive about leopard print... I got so much side-eye in this that it was unbelievable! People in my city are kind of stereotyped as always wearing black, maybe something this loud is a little too much to handle. I'll make sure to bring some smelling salts for you next time, corporate-lady-next-to-me-on-the-train!

7 comments:

Gingeyginge said...

It is a lovely coat...

Lizzy said...

Nice coat!

Camelia Crinoline said...

It's gorgeous. I do love a good leopard print. I think red would look really lovely with it. Red and leopard is one of my favourite combinations.

harbourmaster said...

Love the coat! But whoa my gosh, that couldve been eBay disaster!

I completely understand what you mean about people in the city, yesterday I was wearing a fairly bright but not obnoxious outfit (leopard tights, peach lace dress, silver jacket, black accessories) and people kept giving me the STRANGEST looks! I checked and checked for face smudges or a skirt-tucked-in-knickers situation but nope, they just thought I was wierd...

mandstar87 said...

Hi hun! Sorry to hijack, but just letting you know I took swatches of the iNuovi eyepaint for you :)

http://thestylepot.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps,
xx

esme and the lane way said...

I love it – and you look amazing in it :) (And who cares what some dull corporates think anyway?!)

Glamour Daze said...

its gorgeous. Very striking and whats wrong with wierd?

Post a Comment