Saturday, May 8, 2010

A lovely surprise

My boyfriend showed up on my doorstep this morning out of the blue - he received a parcel that he had been eagerly waiting for the day before and today rushed over to give it to me. It was the Harlow Set from WKD!


When my facial rash started getting really bad and I began to be depressed over my looks, he decided to put in an order for it so that my self esteem could have a pick-me-up. He's not one of those guys who gives underwear for Valentine's day expecting that he'll get a free show out of it - rather, he understands that I feel good when I dress well, and that pretty undergarments make the best foundation (pardon the pun) for confidence.

I feel really, really lucky to have somebody in my life who doesn't just love me, but who encourages and teaches me to love myself and feel beautiful and worthy always. To use the analogy originally put forward by Mary Deluxe: I was lost and in a bad part of town, but a bus I didn't even know I was waiting for came along and offered me a ride out of there. To this day, I think that taking a chance on that bus was one of the best decisions I ever made. Okay, enough soppy stuff from me!

8 comments:

Gingeyginge said...

You are extremely lucky, what a wonderful gift.

Stefanie Valentine said...

Aww, what a sweet present for your boyfriend to get you, you are one lucky lady! I have the Harlow bra and suspenders, they are gorgeous aren't they!

Emma said...

Ahh thats soc ute what a great guy and the harlow set too you lucky thing! I might just leave this page open and see if my other half gets the hint! x

Mrs Juzzie Green said...

Ha, I'd put out if I was given a set of those!
(please excuse my frankness- but those are hot)

Brittany_Va-Voom Vintage said...

What a good man you have! I too took a chance on a bus that was offering a ride out of a bad part of town and now I'm riding the bus with a ring on my finger and a baby in the backseat! Give him a big wet kiss from all of us girls who appreciate a man who gives lovely undies just to make a gal feel pretty! Enjoy your new pretties! They are -gorgeous-!! xoxoxo

Anastasia said...

glad you have such a thoughtful man!

Una said...

Aww... Lucky you! :)

Clara Cupcakes said...

OHHH you lucky thing! I have been eyeing this set off for the longest time. I think your man is a keeper.

http://sugarblueburlesque.com/_blog/Burlesque_News

Post a Comment