Monday, April 26, 2010

"Nesting" - Part 1

I wish I could share with you some of my more recent finds, especially as I've been putting off 'proper updates' for so long due to my intense university schedule. Unfortunately, as soon as I handed in my assignments the rash on my lips that I've mentioned in the past flared up again - only this time it's covering the lower half of my face, from the nose right down to the chin and spreading across my cheeks more and more by the day. *edit* It's on my neck and my eyelids now too =.= I don't really feel confident enough to go out of the house like this, let alone put my face on the internet for all to see, so I'm sorry to say that I'll probably be on hiatus until it clears up - this is definitely a face for radio :(

(I don't mean to whine, and I really am trying my hardest to keep my spirits up, but I've never had great self esteem and this rash is a serious blow to my efforts to sort out the emotional problems that came with that. Apologies about constantly bringing it up; I can only hope that we will resume normal transmissions soon.)

Well, in the meantime, I guess I can show you a few of the non-clothing items that I've bought lately! I've been engaging in a process which my sister calls "nesting" (and my boyfriend calls "crazy"; but he helps me carry the boxes home nonetheless) by collecting various vintage inspired homewares for my hope-chest-of-sorts. Although I haven't actually moved out of home yet, my rationalization is that I'll eventually need all of these things, so why not collect them bit by bit to soften the financial blow? Not to mention, my taste in homewares is... unusual, and designs that I like aren't often released, so I should snap them up when I see them... right?

That's why I couldn't help but buy this toaster and kettle set (from Aldi, of all places) to put away for the future - aren't they just too cute?


My future ideal kitchen has a colour scheme something like this - soft, buttery yellow; pale avocado green; and accents of tomato red.


*sighs dreamily* I know it's probably a long way off in the future for me, but no harm in planning and hoping, right? (And no harm in spending hours flipping through vintage home and style magazines for inspiration too? I'm not addicted, I swear!)

*edit* I should have never taken those darn things out of their boxes; they are proving impossible to get back in D:

4 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

Oooh, I like those! And I hope your rash clears up soon. That sounds horrible. =[
Also, I already have a dining table and chair set so I wouldn't worry about buying a toaster and kettle. ;] Although, I don't actually have them in my possession...they will be mine soon!
-Andi x

1950's_atomic_ranch_house said...

Still dreaming of the day I get my house in shape... *sigh* One year? Two? lol...

I have reoccurring problems with my eyelids *ick*, so I feel your rash pain!

But regardless, you are adorable, so I hope it clears up soon!

BaronessVonVintage said...

thanks for the shoe and sweater tips! beautiful ideas for your future home!
Sorry to hear about your rash....as a long time sufferer of eczema (which has now cleared up but used to be triggered by stress) I really really sympathize. I also had a horrible battle with dermatitis that we suspect was caused by mould inside the walls of our apartment at the time which was from the 40s. In both cases, I had to get some topical cortisone cream to clear it up from the dermatologist. I also fought the conditions internally with the aid of fish oil pills and some probiotics from the health food shop, and by avoiding coffee and alcohol and excessively hot and drying baths or showers during flareup times. Don't know if any of this will help you...try to get rest and let your nervous system rest if you possibly can xoxo

Charlotte said...

Ooh I LOVE that kitchen! I have sage green and red in my head for my "one-day" kitchen, based mainly on my love for red, and a set of vintage cake tins my sister no longer wants.

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny

Post a Comment