Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Full Skirt

It is slowly becoming more difficult for me to find the time to blog, so I apologize if my posts are few and far between for the next few weeks. I'm back at uni, and making a bigger effort to stay on top of my work as I have to attain a certain standard to get entry into the post-grad courses that I want. I'm still lurking about, reading all your wonderful blogs, though I may not comment as often. Sorry!


I finished this skirt the other day - the material has been sitting around in my room for ages; however I changed my mind about the pattern I had originally purchased it for (too hard!) and thus it sat, uncut and unloved, for several months. It's such a fun fabric - green cotton voile - and I felt it only a carefree summer dress would do it justice. Unfortunately I bought too little for all my dress patterns D: so eventually I decided that a skirt would have to do!


This is the pattern I used - you may recognize it; I've made the slim skirt and jacket before. I have -just- enough material left over to make the matching blouse, but I'm not sure if I will... it'd be cute to be able to wear it as both a dress and a skirt, but I can't think of anything else to match a green, sleeveless, voile blouse to; and that makes it difficult to justify the effort required.

I really like wearing it! It's so nice and swishy - I can definitely see why the New Look was so popular! Full skirts are fun and flirty, no questions about it! Don't you just love it when you find an outfit that puts a literal skip in your step?


Going back to uni has also reminded me of why I liked my long hair in the first place - I could tie it back! My campus has a lot of old buildings and narrow corridors, and it is a pain in the butt to have all that work I put into a wetset ruined by the wind tunnels that they create. Ah well! It was nice while it lasted (and I think I'll go for the chop again when my holidays roll around) but for now I'm placing more importance on having a practical style. Besides, ponytails are cute!

Have a lovely Wednesday, everybody!

6 comments:

bellisimama said...

you look amazing! that skirt looks great and i love that color.
http://bellisimama.blogspot.com/

Stefanie Valentine said...

I love the colour of your skirt, perfect for summer. Good luck with uni! xx

BaronessVonVintage said...

beautiful skirt (love the colour)! All the best with your studies!

Gingeyginge said...

That is such a beautiful green

Camelia Crinoline said...

Cute skirt. I love wearing full skirts too, they're so fun.

esme and the lane way said...

Beautiful green skirt! I love full skirts :) Good luck with your studying :)

Post a Comment