Monday, March 29, 2010

Daily Outfit: Lady in Lavender


Sorry for the lack of outfit posts lately! I have not been able to thrift or sew much at all this semester; it's been really draining so far. I hope to make a jumper skirt in my Easter break, but I'm also juggling four assignments at the moment so I'm not holding out too much hope of that! I will be so glad when chemistry is over - I love my lecturer, but I find that people in the class have really negative attitudes towards anyone who puts effort into their appearance. It's not just my eclectic style - anyone who looks even remotely fashion conscious seems to get labeled "too frivolous for science" and ignored before we even have a chance to prove ourselves. I'm sorry Chem students, but I can still "do science" if I deviate from your uniform of jeans + year 12 rugby jumpers - just because I care about how I look doesn't mean that I lose valuable brain space to make room for my superior fashion sense.


Check out this perfume bottle I found while thrifting! I've loved playing around with the tasseled bottles on my grandma's dressing table since I was a little girl, but sadly she didn't keep any of them. Somehow my relatives escaped the Forties without the hoarding mentality of the "make do and mend" set - none of them kept anything from their youth!
I want to decant something into this but I'm scared of spilling my expensive perfumes while doing so - not to mention I love Chanel bottles as they are. Maybe a cheapie bottle of Elizabeth Arden's "Red Door" will do instead.



My lips are starting to heal - I have heard that the medication I'm on for it results in massive rebound when its use is discontinued, but I'm crossing my fingers for the best. Especially as I just bought a new lipstick (I'm terrible, I know) from the MAC Liberty of London collection, and I am DYING to know how it will look.
On the subject of beauty, I could not be any more proud of how fabulous my pincurl set turned out. It has less of a 50s style than my usual bouncy curls, but I like how it fits in with this 40s inspired look better.


I hope you are all doing well! It's a long week ahead but we have Easter and lots of yummy chocolate to look forward to - lord knows that's the dangling carrot I'm using to power through! Bye for now!

8 comments:

harbourmaster said...

Gorgeous! You hair suits perfectly. And those jeans-and-rugby-jumper wearing chem students can just go back to high school.

I think I might have had a similar problem with my mouth about 5 years ago - I had a rash off to one side and it just wouldn't bloody go away. I ended up using a steroid cream (which is mean to have a rebound effect when you stop too), but that didn't even help particularly and it ended up going away. It sucked and I completely sympathise.

Lizzy said...

Love your hair!

Andi B. Goode said...

I love atomisers! I've wanted one ever since I was a little girl, too, but also wouldn't want to spill my expensive perfume. ;]
-Andi x

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

a lovely outfit!
Like the rose in your hair!

Brittany_Va-Voom Vintage said...

Hey, doll- cute outfit! Purple is such a good color for you! I was looking for your email address but I couldn't find it so I figured I'd just post on here! :) The playsuit pattern that I posted about is a recent one. I think it just came out! I get patterns on sale here in the US for 99 cents ALL the time! If you ever need or want any, I'd be happy to pick them up and mail them to you! I'm always at the fabric stores! If you'd like to try that, you can email me at bluegurl1700@yahoo.com
http://va-voomvintage.blogspot.com/

Lizzy said...

Hi!! whenever you have time please visit my blog, I have an award for you!

Andi B. Goode said...

Thanks for offering to take photos of your jeans - that'd be great if it's not too much trouble! =D

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a strikingly beautiful outfit, I've always adored the pairing of lush milk chocolate brown hues and pale, springtime-esque lilac shades of purple.


Wishing you a splendid Sunday & week ahead!
♥ Jessica

Post a Comment