Monday, February 22, 2010

Miss Emmi the...Rocker?

Before I begin this post, I would like to quickly thank everybody who commented on my last entry - it really helps to hear such words of encouragement. I attended the class, and it was great fun! We're learning the Charleston this semester, I think. I'm still fairly anxious about returning to uni next month, but I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Sadly, I had to skip yesterday's dance class - I had tickets to see one of my FAVOURITE BANDS OF ALL TIME and was not going to miss that for the world! If you're interested, it was Placebo, and yes, THEY ROCKED like words cannot even describe akjhsakhlkjad

Just to prove I still dress like a (kindof) normal person:


(You don't even want to see photos of me at the end of the night - let's just say that after several hours of moshing, that hair was no longer so pretty. My eyemakeup stayed perfectly intact though, so props to MAC!)


The skirt was made out of an old Laura Ashley dress that was way too big on me, so I salvaged the bits that I liked and what I knew I could take in to fit me. The resulting style turned out great - so many people have assumed it was from Allanah Hill, which pleases me to no end as there's no way I'd ever be able to afford her designs!

In a way this look goes back to my 'rock chick' roots - before I fell in love with vintage clothing, I was aactually a regular little Debbie Harry! Corsets, boots, a helluvah lot of eyeliner - it was fun, but in a way it felt like 'dressing up'. It wasn't really me. Now, when I play around with that look, it's a lot more refined, more polished (and less black)! I guess that is me bringing my vintage sensibilities back to the style. It's less 'attitude problem' and more 'I'm smokin', and confident, and don't care what you think!' I still dress like this from time to time - after all, I have to take my band t-shirts out on the town somehow - so I thought I'd show you all a glimpse of another side to my personal style.

4 comments:

THE BIG MAMA INTROSPECTION said...

Waouh leopard and red skirt ! That's hot !!! ;p

Andi B. Goode said...

Fab outfit! I'm so glad you went along to the swing classes. Swing dancing is SO much fun. =D And if I ever come over to Melbourne, we can go to swing things together. ;]
-Andi x

Cisa said...

Well done! Both on the above outfit and on braving dance class. I'm a very active swing dancer and believe me, if you can stick to it, you'll love it! It can be such a social eye opener

Stefanie Valentine said...

I'm so glad that you enjoy your dancing! I love the colour and shape of your skirt, i couldn't pull off that shape as i have huge hips! x

Post a Comment