Friday, December 18, 2009

Fruit Salad

I've been so busy with work lately (so I apologize for falling behind in reading and commenting on your lovely blogs) - yesterday was my only day off before Christmas so I went out for some last minute present shopping. Of course, I managed to sneak in a few gifts for myself:


I only need 'Vintage Furniture' now to complete the set, as I already have 'Vintage Shoes' and 'Vintage Clothing'. I'm hoping they do a book on hats soon! I know there are other books out there that I could buy, but the ones from this series look so nice sitting next to eachother on my shelf.
Next to it is an adorable showercap I bought to help protect my pincurl sets! Hopefully this will help them last a day or two longer without getting frizzy.


I wore my thrifted Calvin Klein jeans, so as promised, here are pictures of me wearing every pastel colour I could find in my wardrobe - according to the friend I went out with, I looked like the predatory housewife Joyce Monroe from Edward Scissorhands! My dad, however, said I looked like a fruit salad D:

(This isn't an image from the movie, but rather the dansical that came out a year or so ago. I saw it with friends, it was pretty much the best thing ever :D )

She was bang on though! I was aiming for that kind of suburban teenager look - something like this:

(Also from the dansical! If you weren't lucky enough to see it when it was on show, do look up some pictures - or even better, videos - the outfits are fantastic!)

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

Enken said...

Those pants are crackerjack! I'd love to be able to wear skinny jeans :) That fifties teen look is so cool! Those books are lovely too, aren't they? It's nice just having them on your shelf to flick through and imagine!

Screen Siren said...

love that outfit!

Stefanie Valentine said...

Those jeans look great on you, and i love the colour of them too! I love the showercap and you look like a cute little pixie with it on!! xx

Cisa said...

The cutest fruit salad that ever was!

I'd really like to get better at pincurl sets (mine are usually Shirley Temple on crack before endless hours of attempting to tame them). Any suggestions? I just love the way you do your 'do

Miss Emmi said...

Enken: They're not too skinny, which is a relief! I'm just happy to have found jeans that end somewhere ABOVE my pelvis.

Screen Siren: Thanks!

Stefanie: Thank you so much! It's definitely nicer than a $2 clear one.

Cisa: Thank you! I don't often do pincurl sets (don't have the upper arm strength) but when I do I find that brushing in the direction that you want the curl to go helps a lot. I also use a hell of a lot of hair spray and smoothing serum when I'm in that taming stage. If you use a slightly larger amount of hair in each curl, it tends to be less frizzy as well. I'm pretty sure the night before the picture here, I ragged my hair. I'm getting some pretty good results from that! The best part is you can make the curls looser or tighter by using different sizes of rags, so that may be something to try? Sorry I can't be of more help!

Andi B. Goode said...

Love the outfit. Pastels are awesome.
I would have loved to see the dansical. =[ Never mind.
-Andi x

Post a Comment