Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Experiments with Pincurls

I've been playing around with styling techniques for my new haircut, and have been having quite a bit of success with pincurls! They definitely add more volume and bounce to my hair than I would have normally - however, I do have naturally curly locks so there is the temptation to just hairspray and brush the heck out of them and see if there is much difference :/ I'm balking a little at the amount of time (and upper arm strength) required to do a wetset every couple of days, as much as I like the effect. Let me just say, I have a whole new respect for you ladies who do so on a regular basis!

Some of the results:






Outfit Details

Capris: Route 66
Top: Thrifted from Ebay
Flowers: Diva
Bracelet: Target
















Outfit Details

Skirt: Route 66
Shirt: Thrifted
Flowers: Diva
Necklace: Target









I have a new lipstick love! Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in no. 75 - Dragon. Feels like silk on my lips and lasts for aaaaaaaaages. It was a very belated birthday present from a friend - lord knows I can't afford to use it everyday, but boy is it taking all the willpower I have not to go and stock up on all the other colours! I've also been thinking about doing a few makeup related posts - different looks, tutorials, things like that. I hope that may be of interest to you all!

17 comments:

Pink Champagne said...

Super cute!! Your hair looks great.

Andi B. Goode said...

Love your hair.
Oooh....Chanel lipstick. That'd be lovely.
-Andi x

HUzzah! Vintage said...

THAT SKIRT!!

Miss Emmi said...

Pink Champagne: Thanks!

Andi: It's like I've tasted the forbidden fruit - now a whole new (very expensive) world has opened up to me.

Huzzah! Vintage: o.o y-yes?

Gingeyginge said...

Love the look...Try ragging your hair at night, then you just brush out in morning,a real time saver and no acheing arms!

THE BIG MAMA INTROSPECTION said...

Nice pics, i love all your outfits. But the blue petroleum capris ouah !!!! it's perfect with you pale skin and the red chanel lipstick.

Miss Woody said...

so beautiful !

Miss Emmi said...

Gingeyginge: Thanks, I'm going to give that a try next time I wash my hair!

The Big Mama Introspection: Thanks! I love them, and honestly it's amazing to see myself wearing such a strong colour when about 5 years ago my wardrobe was 90% black!

Miss Woody: Thank you so much!

Emily Anne said...

Cute skirt. :)

Cisa said...

Love the new 'do. I rocked the pincurls last night for a swing performance at a WWII museum exhibit. Gotta love the extra bounce. As I also have natural curls, it's nice to have a way to tame them!

Stefanie Valentine said...

You've done the curls perfectly, and i want those capris! x

Laura C-dot said...

Oh my you look lovely! Like one of the girls in Grease :D

I want those capris too!

esme and the lane way said...

Gorgeous! And I love that skirt. I have been meaning to go to Route 66 for aaaaaages!

Miss Emmi said...

Laura C-dot: That's what my dad said :D

Esme and the Lane Way: I just happened to go on a day where they were having 30% off storewide! The skirt stained my legs and garter belt blue though (even though I prewashed it) as a warning :/

emma wallace said...

Ooh! You look just gorgeous! Your hair looks amazing. I had such trouble when I attempted pin curls... but you've inspired me to try my hand (actually poor upper arms) at them again.
I especially love that first outfit. So sexy while classy.

So glad I discovered your blog!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Miss Emmi said...

Emma Wallace: Thanks so much! It is a real strain on the upper arms (I wonder if it counts as exercise? It certainly takes more energy than Wii Boxing!)

Natural Enchantress said...

Hello! I wandered over here via blog comment hopping. I just had to stop and say you have a lovely figure, you can wear anything! Also, that lipstick is MADE for you. You're gorgeous!

Post a Comment