Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dame of Mystery

One of my best friends had her 21st birthday party last night; the theme being 'hats'! What better occasion to break out some vintage headgear?






















I picked up this hat in a little vintage store in Melbourne - a little pricey for my tastes, but it was so gorgeous I couldn't resist! It's a feathered halo style, with burgundy netting that covers the eyes. Made me feel rather vampish, so I did my makeup to match (it's MAC Blackware Glimmerglass over their Diva lippie, for those interested - I am addicted to that combination!) I also tried something new with my nails - filling in the moon with gold polish. It may not be traditional, but I do like the way it made my everyday nail a little more ritzy.

You may remember a slim skirt I sewed previously - well, here is the accompanying jacket. I won't show you a close up, as it has some of the most terrible handworked buttonholes you will ever see D: I really ought to learn how to do them on the sewing machine before I attempt my striped shirtdress (the pattern arrived, the fabric is bought - now, to work up my courage). I do, however, adore the vintage buttons I found for it, after taking up Reilly's suggestion to look for tortoiseshell ones. Thanks for the tip, lovely! I'm so pleased with the overall look.

3 comments:

Stefanie Valentine said...

Wow you look stunning, you definitely pull off the vamp look very well. And i love the idea of the gold on the moons, it looks rather nice; I think i'm going to try that myself now!

Screen Siren said...

that whole outfit is gorgeous!
you did a nice job with that suit!

Aya Smith said...

You are absolutely gorgeous! Your hair and makeup is amazing... love!

Post a Comment